Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
We are looking for a Venue Sourcing Specialist to join our Venue Sourcing team. This position will source and negotiate contracts for programs worldwide. The main scope of the position involves communicating with industry relations and suppliers on information relative to travel program operations and working with other Venue Sourcing Specialists on daily inquiries.
- Prepare availability grid or deck with appropriate options
- Secures appropriate room block and pricing from hotel and ground suppliers during presentation development
- Implements overall program negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers, supporting the specific needs of the client
- Maintains tracking information of all tentative, sold, and canceled programs. Reviews all supplier contracts prior to finalization, ensuring both program specific and generic terms & conditions are accurate and legally protective of both Opus and the client
- Creates contract summary and cost savings reports
- Participates actively with team to develop program and profit/negotiation strategy prior to booking/negotiating activity
- Advises team members as appropriate regarding new or revised information from suppliers
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with Directors in Industry Relations regarding supplier utilization, key negotiations, performance and unique programming ideas
- Participates in major program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations, as required
- Tracks supplier option dates and follows up with team members and suppliers, as appropriate
- Performs special projects as required
- Maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when negotiating with suppliers.
- Keep vendors up-to-date on proposal status.
- Block appropriate space and release any space not needed on a timely basis.
- Keep abreast of new destination options, well-priced seasonal destination options and "hot date" offerings.
- Monitor hotel penalties for rebook opportunities.
- Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround times.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- 3-6 years’ experience in event venue sourcing, event or meeting management
- Experience in hotel buying
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with proven attention to detail
- Knowledge of travel supplier operations, overall capabilities/range of services
- Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships
- Travel industry and destination knowledge
- Prior experience in effectively handling multiple projects/demands
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
Employees enjoy a peer recognition-based “employee of the month” program, onsite showers for the bike commuters and midday fitness fiends, a hand-made Italian espresso machine and chilled keg, free Bagel Breakfast on Wednesdays, a festive lunch once a month hosted by Opus and prepared by a new department each time, holiday functions, and flexible summer hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you!