The Senior Associate of Committee Operations and Professional Development is responsible for coordinating all committee meetings and other professional development events as scheduled. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support to the FEI staff liaisons and act as a point of contact for committee meetings and as the liaison between FEI and the facilities at which these committee meetings are held.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures calendars for each committee including any professional development programs, board meetings and socials.
- With the committee staff liaison, develops a production schedule to establish program information due dates are established.
- Adds all committee information to database including prices, speakers, titles, dates and locations and amends information if necessary on an on-going basis.
- Collects data necessary to measure effectiveness of committee meetings/events.
- Works with staff liaison to secure program information from committee and prepares information to be produced by marketing.
- Coordinates the distribution of any/all marketing information, meeting notices, with the marketing department.
- Secures dates with facilities/restaurants based on the committee schedule and procures contracts for all dates.
- Procures contracts and conducts a preliminary review to ensure that all logistics are correct while making every effort to negotiate best rates.
- For each committee meeting, follow through with logistical details including room blocks, room set-up, audio-visual requirements, meal selection and guarantees.
- Secures outlines from speakers or vendors and prepares them for reproduction.
- Produces support material for all committee meetings including agendas, speaker bios, slide decks and evaluations.
- Reconcile program rosters, evaluations, forms and other reports for each event and enters data into database.
- Communicates all information with speakers.
- Coordinates any sleeping room arrangements when needed.
- Conducts follow-up correspondence as necessary to determine any last minute details.
- Provides full administrative support to the FEI committee staff liaisons.
Educational Experience/Skills Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with membership organizations a plus
- Team player, committed to working in a positive, flexible and collaborative manner, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- PC knowledge
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communications skills
- Ability to travel, including travel and meeting attendance outside of working hours.
About this company
Financial Executives International is a network of more than 10,000 best-in-business financial professionals with more than 65 local Chapters globally.