Title: Senior Travel Experience Producer (STEP)
Reports to: Senior Director of Travel Experiences
Job is located in New Brunswick, NJ. Telecommuting is not an option, although a relocation package is available for the right candidate.
The STEP’s primary function is to create, plan, and deliver extraordinary incentive travel experiences, regardless of budget and destination, while developing strong relationships with a wide variety of clients based on high performance and trust.
- Plan and deliver world-class incentive travel programs with an emphasis on creativity (artistry), high quality standards, and profit maximization.
- Provide clients with absolute best customer service that exceeds their expectations.
- Provide Account Manager and Senior Director with sourcing and proposal creation.
- Plan and lead exciting and productive site inspections, become the destination/property expert.
- Lead, guide, and coach travel specialists to ensure that knowledge is transferred within the department that deadlines are met, and team members are equipped with the knowledge required to service guests.
- Oversee the coordination of assigned program airline ticketing and air block management, promptly identifying and escalating potential issues or new strategy to manager and/or client.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications department to create inspiring program designs and creative/accurate copywriting for all program-related materials.
- Schedule and lead travel program milestone meetings to ensure team members understand expectations, responsibilities, and deadlines.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to consistently optimize profitability without negative impact on the program requirements or guest/client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate operational leadership by orchestrating impeccable delivery of assigned travel programs using our proven systems and processes.
- Reconcile program budgets with accuracy and timeliness.
- Participate in industry-related events as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Intangibles
- Minimum of six to eight years of incentive travel planning experience...intercontinental experience a must
- DMC equivalent experience acceptable
- Four-year college degree
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of excellent customer service
- Exhibit a creative flair in event design and proposal creation
- Display leadership qualities and take every opportunity to coach/train
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Self-motivated, well organized, team player with a sense of urgency and strong appetite for quality results
- Exhibit interdependent thinking, curiosity, uncanny attention to detail, two-way communications, adaptability in style, and ability to balance quality, time-to-market, and capacity goals to deliver as promised
- Able to manage large and/or complex programs and more than one at a time
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ensure excellent client and guest satisfaction on all aspects of assigned travel programs based on client and post-trip survey feedback.
- Maximize profit on assigned travel programs by negotiation and thorough thoughtful planning.
- Supervise and coach TECs on all required tasks and responsibilities for assigned programs.
- Continuous development of leadership skills.
- Participate in industry-related events for development opportunities and to improve business unit performance and creativity.
When applying, please include a cover letter highlighting your experience in incentive meetings, proposal writing and creativity with incentive programs. Also include your salary requirements. (Seriously)
Location/Region: New Brunswick, NJ